It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:53 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Marriage-9 By Pastor Piet Smit,
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:41 am 

One Saturday morning when I turned on the radio they played the song, "It's so easy to fall in love" and I thought to myself, yes it is the most easiest thing to do. It's no art. But to stay in love ... that is an art.
One weekend I drove through town and I saw two youngsters walking down the street holding hands. I mentioned to the person next to me that my wife and I do not walk like that anymore, and I was wondering and asking him if those 2 loved each other more that my wife and I did? He could not find a answer to that, and I kept quit.

Later that night we drove through town praying for people when I told the scenario to the person next to me and asked again if those 2 loved each other more than my wife and I did? And the person answered that it is only a show and concert, and that tomorrow they will not even be an item anymore and there would be someone else.
Rom 12:9 (BBE) - "Let love be without deceit."
Rom 12:9 (KJV) - "Let love be without dissimulation."
Rom 12:9 (ASV) - "Let love be without hypocrisy"

I listened to a brother at church that lead the sermon one evening. He said that real love between a husband and wife is the matter of how much I am prepared to tolerate?

I was sitting next to my wife and I wanted to share a light and mischievous joke and I wanted to say to her that I think I must love her very very much ... because I have to tolerate so much!
Maybe she wanted to whisper the same to me …!
The tolerance love is much more deeper than this:
* concert love
* side walk love
* Facebook love
* on the radio love

I close this series with a challenge. Let our love for our marriage partner be true, without "the show" able and prepared to tolerate.

PRAYER
Lord, I choose to be in love through you with my marriage partner with true sincerity and with tolerance.

Amen.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]