It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:15 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Marriage-2 By Pastor Piet Smit.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:28 am 

What can we do?
We may not do as our parents did. Our parents did not talk to their children about the love live of marriage. We got hold of such info on the wrong places. That is why we must answer our children (if we have) truly on questions they ask. We must not tell them that they are not old enough to talk about this subject. The best way is to live a good marriage in-front of them. Remember they become what they see not what they hear. Live a marriage that you want your child to have one day.
If you are serious about your marriage you will have to decide:
I will be with my marriage partner till death do us part (Mal 3:15)
I will not allow anyone else in my thoughts or in my heart

(There is 2 reasons in the Bible that gives you the right to divorce - Mat 9:19, 1 Cor 7:15)

We know how things are in this world. After a few years of marriage the husband or wife looks for a new partner. Or the husband and wife stays married for the sake of the children, but around every corner they flirt with others. It is the same as emotional divorce. They are together in the house and before others but in their hearts they are divorced.
But the child of God who is walking a honest path with Him, will do things different for the sake and the will of the Lord. For the Lord I will be committed to my marriage partner:
* even-though their beauty is long gone
* even-though he or she is aloof towards me
* even-though I feel rejected
* even-though I do not get from my marriage what I want and need
* even-though he/she irritates me
* even-though there are better ones than mine
I will still be true to him/her because I put God and His Word above everything.

God hates divorce (Mal 3:16) And what God added together ,man many not separate (Mat 19:6).

PRAYER
Lord, please help me to be faithful in my marriage. Amen.
(Mal 2:14)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]