It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:12 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Marriage-3 By Pastor Piet Smit.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:30 am 

People ask the question: "What if you feel you married the wrong man?" May one divorce then?

My Answer:
A lot of people feel this way when:
* things go wrong in the marriage
* when the love is gone
* when there is someone better.
Sometimes you look at other marriages and you feel that you have made the wrong choice, cause everything is going wrong in your marriage.
Still it does not give us a Biblical reason to divorce. I want to believe that even though people did not pray before or about their marriage and even if they are not children of God they do not stand loose of God. Remember Psalm 47:4 - "He will choose our inheritance for us."

But now after a few years God is not there anymore?
Remember that when you got married in church you have made a promise to God to be with your partner till death do you part. Psalm 15:4 - "He who swears to his own hurt and does not change." Are you a person of your word? Did the promise you made to God mean something?
Such a person may not divorce because he feels that he made a mistake. Remember in every marriage there are times that storms will come. A marriage is like a bed you have made ... now you must sleep in it to.

I believe if you try to have a Christian relationship in your home and towards your partner your marriage can work. I believe that if a couple can start with a brother sister relationship in the Lord it will be a good beginning. And add the love a husband must have for his wife, all will go well.
One can pray to God that He will repair and heal your love for your partner, and if the fault is with your partner, one can ask God to restore your partners love towards you! 1 John 4:8 - "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

And the best of all. There is nothing God cannot do. Luke 1:37 - "For with God nothing will be impossible." God can even correct my mistake.

Amen.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]